Monday, April 13, 2009

Our little Garden

Our first little garden.
Last week Aaron and the girls planted seeds in little planters in our basement. The girls loved the project, and they like to check on the progress every day. Belle is always asking "did they grow yet." We have had so much instruction lately on provident living, I am hoping this counts in that direction. We have always wanted to grow a garden and I would love to do fruit trees. My favorite food is dried fruit. I would love to bottle grape juice. When I was in high school, I would spend a lot of time at my friend Jessica's house. She would often have grape juice and mix it with lemonade. I think I fell totally in love with it and have wanted to do that ever since. She also had dried Nectarines. I would do anything to have that as a staple snack at my house. My neighbor has a really good recipe for apricot syrup, I would like to get. And if any of you have any good recipes or extra fruit this year, let me know.


No comments: